Hands of Light: Be Careful What You Reach For
Are you a casualty of hands of light?
You don’t have to be shot; and you don’t need shrapnel wounds.
You don’t have to have PTSD or a traumatic brain injury; you may still have all your limbs.
You can still be torn to shreds by a powerful force: Deception.
The light of your life can be dimmed by a darkness masquerading as light.
You may be a casualty of spiritual warfare.
(*See a list of resources at the end of this brief!*)
The darkness may have touched your life and taken captives. The attacks may have been “danger close,” and although you survived the assaults, you may now live with permanent damage.
Hands of Light
The Enemy’s hands of light wield many tools:
He uses these tools to attack one of our greatest sources of strength:
The family unit
First, the enemy blinds the target with welcoming hands of light. The resulting darkness makes it easier to deceive. The deception causes division, and division ends in destruction.
A common lesson from false teachers is that “we have forgotten [insert ideology here],” and once we remember [insert ideology here], then we will be “enlightened.”
Many lies contain a kernel of truth.
They have one thing correct: we have forgotten–but not the recycled false teachings they espouse.
We have forgotten 2,000 years of wisdom given to protect us from 20 years of false teaching.
Those who are deceived by hands of light fail to heed the warning of 1 John 4:1
“Do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.”
Those who are deceived by hands of light
“Have wandered away from these and turned to meaningless talk. They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm. (1 Timothy 1:6-7)
Those who are deceived by hands of light
“Will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.” (1 Timothy 4:1-2)
I pray that those who are deceived by hands of light realize that:
“Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.” (2 Corinthians 11:14-15)
None of us fare well if we get what we deserve.
That is what makes the atonement so significant. All of our wretchedness was nailed to a cross so Jesus could take the punishment we so rightfully deserve.
We cannot save ourselves.
We must look not inward but outward to the One who truly is the way, and the truth, and the life.
Jesus reaches for us with true hands of light.
Even if you are a casualty, you are not out of the fight.
- You can fight to restore the eyes of the blind.
- You can fight to keep families together.
- You can fight the Enemy in every clime and place.
There is a continuous search-and-rescue mission in progress for those taken prisoner, and the On-Scene-Commander has everything under control.
They are not forgotten. We will bring them home.
Have you lost someone you love to deceptive hands of light?
- To Seek The Light (RZIM Slice)
- Christian Answers for the New Age
- The Truth About Energy Healing (Teddy bears will never be the same)
- What You Should Know About Reiki
- Madame Blavatsky’s Baboon: A History of the Mystics, Mediums, and Misfits Who Brought Spiritualism to America
- Why Jesus? Rediscovering His Truth in an Age of Mass Marketed Spirituality
- Avatar of Night
- Running Against the Wind: The Transformation of a New Age Medium and His Warning to the Church
- Ransomed From Darkness: The New Age, Christian Faith, and the Battle for Souls
- Embraced by the Darkness: Exposing New-Age Theology from the Inside Out
- Inside the New Age Nightmare
- In Search of the True Light
- Betrayed by Her Guardian Angel
- The Kingdom of the Occult
- In the Beginning Was the Worldview
- Living on Light: The Most Radical Diet Yet
- The Croods: Before There Was Fire, Living in a World of Darkness
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
About Jason B. Ladd
Jason is an author, speaker, Marine, and father of seven. He has flown the F/A-18 Hornet as a Marine Aviation Weapons and Tactics Squadron 1 (MAWTS-1) Instructor Pilot and the F-16 as an Instructor Pilot. His award-winning book One of the Few: A Marine Fighter Pilot’s Reconnaissance of the Christian Worldview has been optioned for film adaptation. He is represented by Julie Gwinn of The Seymour Agency.